24 Mar Holistic Wellness for Residents with Alzheimer’s Disease
Whole Body Wellness for Residents with Alzheimer’s
When considering an assisted living facility for a loved one, first considerations are usually about health, safety, and ensuring basic needs are being met. While these are the primary areas of concern, attention should also be given to the other amenities that an assisted living facility offers to its Residents. Windemere Park of Oakland located in Troy provides a variety of programs and amenities to Residents that benefit both their bodies and their minds. Some of the top amenities for Residents with dementia include:
- Nutritious meals – We have expert chefs to prepare meals for Residents. We offer a variety of healthy and wholesome options for Residents so that there is something for everyone. We also offer private dining where Residents can share meals with their family and friends. Proper nourishment is a critical part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Recreation – Our staff share the goal of wanting Residents with Alzheimer’s to enjoy themselves. We offer structured and unstructured group and individual activities, such as games, movies, and more. Socializing greatly enhances Residents moods and confidence and is another important aspect of whole body health.
- Family activity areas – Spending time with loved ones is something that many Residents are concerned about missing out on when they live at an assisted living facility, however, we provide a variety of ways for families to enjoy time together. We offer relaxing and comfortable activity areas that are family friendly so that everyone can gather together and have fun while visiting their loved ones. Planned family events provide an entertaining social setting for all ages from seniors to children.
- Beautiful outdoor spaces – Windemere Park of Oakland located in Troy encourages Residents to spend time outdoors on a regular basis. Outdoor patios are perfect for relaxing and socializing with other Residents. Fresh air revitalizes both the body and mind and is a key component of wellness for people with dementia. Daily walks are part of the day at Windemere Park of Oakland.
- Chapel – Spirituality is an important part of life for many Residents and connecting with their faith can significantly improve the attitude and sense of purpose for people with dementia. We have a private chapel where Residents can attend inter-faith masses or visit for quiet prayer or reflection.